Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sky Bar

Now when I say "Sky Bar" people probably think about that scene in Star Wars when Luke and Obi Wan meet Han Solo and the Wookie; but that's not the Sky Bar I'm talking about. Here is my Sky Bar:

Have you ever had one? It's been years for me, but I have verified that Necco still makes them. Four different...count 'em...four different flavors in one candy bar. I don't purchase candy bars, but if I saw Sky Bars I'd buy a few of them and eat them very slowly...they'd be my own little treasures. I wouldn't want to share - though I suppose I would just to let folks know what they've been missing - maybe...maybe I would share...and then maybe I wouldn't...I mean, since each compartment has its own distinct flavor you really have to experience the entire candy bar to appreciate the experience.

I guess it's like reading the Gospels, they are similar but they are different - each has its own flavor, and all together they make for quite the experience. 

Did I mention that when I was a kid candy bars were 5 cents? Hey, that is something isn't it - I'm in the season of life when I can say things like that :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment