Monday, February 11, 2013

George Will



George was back in the States in December and January, he comes back every six months or so; I guess it’s got to do with travel visas. He calls when he’s back and we talk, though he mostly talks and I mostly listen. That’s okay though, well usually it’s okay; anyway since he is my elder I generally go along with the program. We’ve known each other since the fall of 1966, he’s about 75 years old now; the last time I saw him was around 1976 – I wonder what he looks like?

He isn’t into email so the only time we communicate is when he’s back home and calls me; I wish he did use email so we could have a context for discussion.

As I may have mentioned in a previous post I’ve prayed for him and his children, Debbie and Art, ever since I’ve known George, that’s a lot of years. It’s kind of nice to have a history of praying for someone, I can’t explain it but I do recommend it – it’s like they are sewn into the fabric of your heart.

I know that a time will come when there will be no more phone calls, after all we’re aren’t getting any younger. I hope someone lets me know when George dies – it would be nice to know. When we both get to Heaven I hope to learn about his pilgrimage on this earth because he doesn’t give me many details in our conversations – he tends to be on the preachy side, but again, he’s older than I am so I try to go along with the program.

George sure loves Jesus; that’s a program I can definitely participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment