Monday, June 27, 2016

Harold

    
I was looking for ice cream treats with no sugar added in Walmart. A man who was stocking shelves in the aisle asked, “Can I help you find something?”

“Well, I’m looking for something without added sugar,” I replied.

“Let me show you this,” he answered.

After he showed me a new product line I wasn’t aware of I said, “You have been very helpful. When I tell my wife about how helpful Harold (he had a name tag) was is there something we can pray for on behalf of you or your family?”

Harold thought a couple of moments and said, “Yes, my wife has had knee surgery and is having a hard time recovering.”

“We will do that. We love praying for people.”

“I do too,” Harold said. “I even pray for Isis. I want them to know Jesus. I pray for countries all over the world. About three years ago I almost died in Saint Francis hospital and God spared my life. I haven’t been the same since. I am so thankful to Him and I trust Him to meet my needs.”

“Harold, meeting you has been an encouragement to me. This wasn’t about ice cream, this was about you encouraging me. Thank you.”


I want to be an encourager like Harold.

1 comment: