Tuesday, September 13, 2016

When A Diagnosis Becomes An Identity


I know I’ve probably written about this before, but I recently had conversations with two people close to me who, when facing challenges, basically gave up working through the challenges because they had been diagnosed with one of many cognitive disabilities that are proliferating. In both instances the diagnosis has become the identity.

This is not only dangerous for my friends, it is dangerous for others, for when they find that others also have a diagnosis that diagnosis becomes how they see others – the identity of others becomes the diagnosis. We don’t need name tags anymore to know who we are, we need diagnosis tags.


How vital it is to know that our identity is in Christ Jesus – Christ is in us and we are in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment