Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Company – Four Men: Part VIII

One day Sammy and Charles came to me with a complaint from a client and asked me to look into it. It had to do with a deal that had been done years before; a defect in the deal had just surfaced that would cost our firm a few thousand dollars to remedy.

Charles said, “If the  idiot [he used another description, but this is a family show] who designed this deal is still with the company I want to know about it. How could anyone be that stupid?”

After doing my research I identified the idiot in question – it was Charles. Oh that was rich! When I told Sammy he got a good laugh. Being the diplomat (yes, I can be diplomatic at times) I was elected to share the news with Charles. He gave me a look during one of the few moments I’d ever seen him speechless and then told me to just solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment