Thursday, July 6, 2017

Old Crow


Old Crow you took my daddy
Old Crow you ruined his life
Old Crow you made him crazy
Old Crow he beat his wife

When I was but a young one
I was afraid when he came home
Was he drunk or was he sober?
When he opened up the door

If my momma looked at him funny
Her eye would blackened be
He would yell and he would curse her
And then he might turn on me

I'd pretend to be sleeping
My eyes closed tight as they could be
My head buried in the sofa
Oh please stop, please let her be

Old Crow you finally did it
You drove us from our childhood home
We left in fear as he chased us
Down the street where I once played

But Old Crow you were defeated
In the end it was you who lost
For my daddy came to Jesus
He saw God's love upon the Cross

My daddy died not long thereafter 
It was a stroke that took him home
Carried by God's Dove up into heaven
Where at last he will have rest

So my friend if you have troubles
If Old Crow is in your life
God’s redemptive love can heal you
Bring you from darkness into light

The Dove can take your pain and suffering
He can take your deepest fears
He can fill you with His Presence
And give you purpose, joy, and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment