Thursday, November 7, 2019

It Seems to Me…Christ-centered or Not?



Once again, I’m being encouraged to embrace a popular speaker and author on the basis of his positive and loving and life-changing message. To purchase his books, to attend his presentation, to get on the bandwagon.

In response I ask the question I always ask, “Is this about Jesus Christ? Is this Christocentric (Christ-centered)?”

So, it seems to me that if I go to this person’s website that I should readily find the answer – but I don’t. I have to look for the answer, I have to look for Jesus, I have to keep looking; I am still looking.

Now then, my question is whether this author’s message is Christocentric, that means, “Is it Christ-centered?” If it is Christ-centered then it seems to me that I would see Christ Jesus just as soon as I land on the author’s webpage. It seems to me that once I begin clicking through webpages that Jesus would be front and center, but I keep clicking, I keep reading, I am looking for Jesus. It seems to me that if I have to look for Jesus that I just may have answered my question about whether Jesus is the center of the author’s message.

But of course this is against the grain and I should not be unreasonable; after all, the message does others so much good, and it has changed lives, and people are better off for it, and, after all, it really is about Jesus after all, how could it not be if it helps so many people. It just feels so good and right.

Few people, men or women, commit adultery with someone who repulses them.





No comments:

Post a Comment