Saturday, February 20, 2021

Blessed Eternal Portal

This past Wednesday night a dear friend's father went to be with Christ; both of her parents had covid-19; her mother is having a difficult recovery. I heard the news on Thursday morning. As I contemplated this passing from the earthly to the heavenly, this is what I saw: 


Blessed Eternal Portal

 

Blessed Eternal Portal

Rooted on Calvary,

With arms outstretched

Beckoning me, embracing me.

 

O heavenly Tree I come to you,

Stained as you are

I come as I am,

For my Assurance is the Lamb.

 

Offered on you,

Tree and altar

In which He comes to me,

And I come to Him.

 

Doorway into heavenly realms

Celestial anthems calling me,

I must go now,

“Dear Daughter, I Iove you.”

 

What is this? Jesus is not sitting at the Father’s right hand.

No, O my! He is standing with arms outstretched

Welcoming me…

Through the Blessed Portal of the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment