Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Bring Your Own Teaching - Experience our Image

While we were recently visiting family in another state I decided to look online for a local church that I could suggest they visit. I was once again struck by the number of churches that do not state what they believe on their websites; I say "once again" because I've found the same thing where we live.
 
I guess doctrine, belief, and adherence to truth is no longer important within much of the professing church. What does this communicate to the congregation? What does it communicate to the prospective visitor? To the seeker after truth?
 
This is akin to automobile television commercials that usually have nothing to do with the car but everything to do with image and perception.
 
Drive the car for the experience of image, drive the car so you can project an image. Come to our church for the experience, associate yourself with our image.
 
I think the image of God is the only image we should be interested in experiencing - and certainly the only image we should be communicating.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment