Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Who Can I Ask Today?

Easter season brings me back to the spring of 1966. Early that year an older coworker, Howard Wall, asked me if I was a Christian, to which I replied something like, “Of course.” After all, I was an American and had been christened in a church – to me Christianity and America were inseparable.

Howard’s question motivated me to read the Bible; in reading the Bible and talking to Howard and others I came to know Jesus Christ. I asked my mother to please give me a pocket New Testament for Easter, which she did. I carried that New Testament and Psalms with me every day, reading it at school whenever I could.


If Howard hadn’t asked me about Jesus I wouldn’t have known. I thought I knew but I didn’t. If he hadn’t had asked, I wouldn’t have known. Who can I ask today? Who can you ask? 

Here's an old post I did about Howard Wall:

http://bobwithers.blogspot.com/2010/02/profile-howard-wall.html

No comments:

Post a Comment