Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday Evening, February 25, 2023

 

 

I’ve got at least two more reflections on “Sounds Good But Is It The Truth?”, hopefully next week I’ll be able to write them. Context, context, context…both immediate and greater Biblical context.

 

One of our neighbors went to visit relatives who live out of state and came down with a severe case of covid. He was confined to bed for 4 or 5 weeks at his sister’s home. Thankfully neither his wife or sister caught it. We’ve been talking on the phone and praying throughout this ordeal, and I’ve asked other neighbors to pray for him. He has lost 20 pounds. They are hoping to drive home a week from tomorrow, please keep him (Pat) and his wife (Sharon) in your prayers.

 

Today I had a sweet prayer time with Bertha in the Food Lion parking lot. We had a conversation and I asked her how I could pray for her…well…she shared with me about things going on in her family and then we held hands and prayed…it was one of those “Do it now Bob” moments…and it was sweet in the Holy Spirit.

 

This evening I was reading Dante and the following came to me (much love and blessings! – Bob)

 

"...for so transparent grows the veil, to pass within will surely not be hard."

 

Purgatory VIII.20 - 21   Sayers translation

 

That which was once dark becomes translucent...as the numinous penetrates what is, on our side, seemingly impenetrable.

 

A surprise party awaits us like no other...O the angelic anticipation, O the excitement of creation (Romans 8:18 – 25)...knowing that an unveiling of unveilings is drawing us into the Blessed Trinity...O how glorious is our destiny in our Elder Brother.

 

"...to pass within will surely not be hard"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment