Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Diary of An Old Soul (2)

 

 

In reflecting on MacDonald’s entries for January 16 and 26 (see previous reflection), the final lines of each tie them together, which I why I connected them in my reading:

 

January 16: Because thou art thyself, 'tis therefore I am me.  

January 26: But this, that thou art thou, and here am I.

 

It seems to me that this is the fundamental reality of life, “In the beginning God…” “In the beginning was the Word…”

 

When we awake in the morning this is the fundamental reality, when we lie down to sleep this is the fundamental reality, and in however we spend our days, this is the fundamental reality. 


We can ponder the wonders of Psalm 139, that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made.” 


We can ask, along with Psalm 8, “What is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him?”

 

Does not Jesus also state another fundamental reality when He says, “And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?” (Mt. 6:27).

 

We are, because God is.

 

Does it not make sense to live in this fundamental reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment