Wednesday, August 31, 2016

My Car Smells Like Sin

Monday morning, as I was leaving home, I put a couple of bags of household trash in the back of my car, intending to put them in the dumpster of the first property I visited during my workday. It was a hot morning.

After my first property visit I drove to the second property on my schedule, and as I rolled onto the property, with the temperature in the back of my car rising, I smelled the distinct aroma of garbage and realized that I had forgotten to remove the bags of trash from the car. Even though I promptly pulled over to a dumpster and removed the bags, the sun had done its work and the sweet fragrance remained. For the rest of the day the smell of garbage greeted me as I entered the car. Tuesday morning the stink was still there and said "Hello Bob!" as I began my workday.

Sin is like garbage. Even once you've dealt with it, even when it has been removed and forgiven, sometimes the stink remains and it takes time to air the car out.

No comments:

Post a Comment